Every day I work with entrepreneurs who have started their own online home business. Several months into their business pursuit, I’ve found that practically everyone who is dissatisfied with their lack of results, began running first before they created a strong foundation for their online business.
It’s the same for Internet and an affiliate marketing business, online network marketing business or any home business started to earn money online. Most of those I work with started this journey for the right reasons however they have descended into that desperate realm where their sole focus is to become successful no matter what they must compromise.
Their lack of discipline to do the donkey work required to create their business foundation in the front end has resulted in their online business to be like an unanchored boat in a storm. In the end their personalities are mere shadows of what they once were, willing to justify doing anything in a desperate attempt to find the combination to unlock the “money safe” of wealth.
I remember speaking with a woman who recanted her motivational decay. She was so excited about marketing health and wellness that she couldn’t wait to prove to everyone that what she had found could make a dramatic difference in their health and their lives. She had become an independent distributor with a company she got excited about, immediately began running before creating a business plan, creating a marketing strategy or educating herself how to effectively get her message out. Just 3 months later she remembers being willing to say or do just about anything to unload the stupid product to anyone so she could make some money. Welcome to 95% of aspiring online businesses owners.
The internet is filled will those Internet, affiliate and network marketers who never saw the importance of securing their business anchor before braving the coming storm. In the end they seem more like a desperate homeless person who will beg, borrow and steal in order to become successful, believing that the end will justify the means.
But what success will you have if you stumble across a little profit but yet have lost your very identity, your morals and character in the process. This is not why you started this adventure and it need not be where you end up. This disease is so rampant that if this doesn’t describe you, it will at least describe the path that many that you know of, are now on. My desire is that if you feel unanchored, out of control and burned out, that I’m able to empower and help you correct your course before you become demoralized and give up on your dreams altogether.
There is only one way to alter your course. You must discover your true “entrepreneurial passionate purpose”, where you will be compensated both emotionally and financially when that purpose is expressed through providing value, giving to others and designing your business to meet needs rather than beg, borrow, deceive, pressure and pester others into submission. Establishing and growing this purpose will give you the satisfaction & fulfillment of utilizing your talents. It will also naturally provide you the daily motivation to pursue personal development, make you thirsty for knowledge and prevent you from falling into the temptation of reaching for the self-centered purpose; a trap that is caused by insecurity, fear and survival instincts.
In this initial post I want to lay out the outline that this blog series will follow. This series will cover the following subjects in an effort to re-establish your foundation, re-connect you with your passion and reward you with personal and financial freedom.
I will be walking you through the following:
- Recognize that entrepreneurship as your high calling to be more than average
- That you are on the only road that can reward you with fulfilling financial freedom and personal growth.
- Some of the greatest things that have been accomplished in history come from exactly this same entrepreneurial spirit
- Let your passion determine your niche
- What areas do you feel would emotionally reward you?
- What need could you meet that you can passionately get behind?
- What niches are out there where you can make a difference?
- Equip yourself for each niche
- What abilities do you have that will naturally aid you in this pursuit?
- What steps do you need to take to educate yourself to accomplish the purpose you set to accomplish for your target market?
- Create your business plan and marketing strategy
- Describe in detail your target market
- What is the purpose you desire to accomplish for your target market?
- How will you reach them?
- How will you turn the need being met into a transaction?
- Visualize: begin with the end in mind
- What does your business need to look like in order for you to consider it a success?
- What do you personally need to master in order for you to assume the role of a successful entrepreneur?
- What do you need to do daily, weekly in order to bring both of those goals into reality?
- When you reach that goal, how will your life be different?
- What will you spend your money on (type of car, house, vacations, property etc)
- When you reach that point, what will you do with your time flexibility?
- How will you give back/better your community?
- What is your long term business plan after you’ve completed this chapter of your entrepreneurial book?
At this point I plan on creating installments of 4 parts beyond this introduction fleshing out the principles and themes in the outline above. I also plan on sprinkling in some videos as well. In the future this material will eventually be a full-fledged seminar, webinar and/or eBook. I’ve always preferred to show value to my loyal readers however I also deeply want to help as many people as possible as quickly as I can, I want you to have the first look at the information before it’s all neat and tidy. For that reason I might tweak or add valuable insight that I determine to be vital to include once I immerse myself in the writing of each heading.
Make no mistake; this is not being manufactured for me to just throw out there in order to drum up early support for a future product. This is to quickly empower those that need a life-raft before their business drowns. If you are looking for online marketing 101 & 201, the “Success-Step” Training Systems are designed to give you that. I’ve found however that in order to prevent many would-be success stories from self-sabotage, properly creating the anchor that will totally alter the way you see your business & personal life moving forward will stay true through any storm. I look forward to sharing these important principles with all of you.